Monday, February 25, 2008

Quick & Easy

Today is the first day of an 8-week long Fitness Challenge within my office. This has become an annual event for my work team--I think this is the fourth year.

In the spirit of the challenge, I decided to go to the gym today. The goal is to workout at least three times per week for the 8 week period. It seems like there is never enough time in the day for me, especially when I go to work and try to work out at the gym on the same day. Squeezing in a decent dinner on those days can be hard, even though I know it's especially important to refuel when exercising.

Anyway, I looked in the fridge and saw a bunch of leftovers. There was some Swiss cheese J left for me to eat, as well as an opened jar of spaghetti sauce, an open container of baby spinach, and half a loaf of bread.. In my head, it all came together as a "Grilled Leftovers & Cheese" sandwich.

The sandwich was actually toasted (on a non-stick frying pan), and the contents' status as leftovers is questionable, but it did make a tasty sandwich. I realize that a grilled cheese sandwich is almost the antithesis of what one should eat when thinking about health and fitness, so I promise that next time I will use more spinach!

No comments :