Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Extra-Ordinary Juice!


I've recently discovered that freshly juiced oranges are way tastier than freshly squeezed oranges. I have one of those fancy juicers that claims to get more juice out than any other contraption of its kind while removing all the pulp and spitting out dollar bills at the same time. It was a gift that I've actually come to enjoy very much, though I would never have thought to buy it myself.

Orange juice is a semi-standing item on my grocery list, so I've not really had the need or desire to juice my own. It has, however, been a few weeks since my fridge has seen a carton and I was starting to crave the substance. Luckily for me, I had a couple Navel oranges, which I decided to put through my juicing machine to help get a quick fix.

The resulting product was something that resembled typical orange juice, except was thoroughly more enjoyable. It was delightfully sweet, but had a somewhat thick and creamy texture that reminded me of a frozen yogurt smoothie. It was also full of bubbles that not only looked pretty, but helped add dimension to a beverage that usually provides for a much less interesting drinking experience. Spoonfuls of the frothy top layer were quite satisfying.

If you have a juicer and have never tried this simple recipe, I do recommend it!



No comments :